Epoxy board is a common board, which is widely used in various industries. The following are the application chara...
Epoxy board is a common board, which is widely used in various industries. The following are the application characteristics of epoxy board.
1. Various forms. Various resins, curing agents, and modifier systems can almost adapt to the requirements of various applications, ranging from very low viscosity to high melting point solids.
2. Convenient curing. Choose a variety of different curing agents, the epoxy resin system can almost be cured in the temperature range of 0 ~ 180 ℃.
3. Strong adhesion. The existence of polar hydroxyl and ether bond  inherent in the molecular chain of epoxy resin makes it have high adhesion to various substances. The shrinkage of epoxy resin is low when cured, and the internal stress generated is small, which also helps to improve the adhesion strength.
4. Low shrinkage. The reaction between the epoxy resin and the curing agent used is carried out by direct addition reaction or the ring-opening polymerization reaction of the epoxy group in the resin molecule, and no water or other volatile by-products are released. Compared with unsaturated polyester resins and phenolic resins, they exhibit very low shrinkage (less than 2%) during curing.
5. Mechanical properties. The cured epoxy resin system has excellent mechanical properties.