Polyimide pi films with good thermal stability, chemical resistance, mechanical properties, and high tensile strength...
Polyimide pi films with good thermal stability, chemical resistance, mechanical properties, and high tensile strength are widely used. So what are the application fields of polyimide films?
Polyimide films are mainly used in high-temperature pressure-sensitive tapes coated with silicon in the field of insulation applications. PI pressure-sensitive tapes are widely used in various industrial application markets, including thermal resistance tapes for various types of coils and PCB solder ribbon.
As a “golden film”, polyimide pi film is widely used in the market, mainly including:
1. It can be used as adhesive, separation film, photoresist, dielectric buffer layer, liquid crystal aligning agent, electro-optical material, etc. in high temperature environment. It is a good high temperature heat insulation material.
2. Commonly used in motor slot insulation and cable wrapping materials.
3. Transparent polyimide pi film can be used as a flexible solar cell substrate.
4. Polyimide pi film can be used as a flexible printed circuit board substrate and a variety of high-temperature motor and electrical insulation materials.
5. Polyimide pi film can be used as filter material for high temperature media and radioactive materials and as bulletproof and fireproof fabrics.
6. Polyimide pi films are also widely used as matrix resins for advanced composite materials and can be used in aerospace, aircraft structures or functional components, rockets, etc. It is a structural material that is very resistant to high temperatures.
Summary of the application fields of polyimide pi film: 1. Application in wrapping electromagnetic wires. Using a film as the base material, coat one or both sides with polyperfluoroethylene-propylene emulsion to make an adhesive tape, which can be wrapped around a bare copper wire and then entered into a high-temperature furnace. The film shrinks and adheres closely to the wire, causing the wrapping to The adhesive tape layers are melted into a whole. When the conductor is cooled out of the high-temperature furnace, a pair of pressure rollers are added to both sides of the conductor to improve the bonding strength between the adhesive tape layers. 2. Application in motor insulation. Polyimide film can be used as insulation for high-power electric locomotives, alternators, radiation-resistant motors and various precision motors. 3. Application of polyimide film in ribbon cables and flexible printed circuits. Because the film is soft, has good dimensional stability, and has excellent dielectric properties, it is suitable for use as a base material or covering layer for ribbon cables or flexible printed circuits. During the processing, the steel foil and film are compounded under a hot roller and can withstand chemicals. High temperature and chemical treatment of corrosion, welding, etc., suitable for use in micro circuits such as computers.
In the field of electronics and electrical engineering, as an insulating material, it is widely used in aerospace, navigation, conventional weapons, electromagnetic wires, cables, transformers, audio, microphones, mobile phones, computers and various motors. Because the polyimide pi film layer has good mechanical ductility and tensile strength, it is very helpful to improve the adhesion between the polyimide layer and the polyimide layer and the metal layer deposited above.