Glass fiber cloth overview: Glass fiber is a kind of inorganic non-metallic materials with excellent performan...
Glass fiber cloth overview:
Glass fiber is a kind of inorganic non-metallic materials with excellent performance, and there are many kinds of them. The advantages are good insulation, strong heat resistance, good corrosion resistance and high mechanical strength; but the disadvantages are brittleness and poor wear resistance. Glass fiber is usually used as a reinforcing material in composite materials, electrical insulation materials, thermal insulation materials, and circuit boards in various fields of the national economy.
Glass fiber cloth features:
1. Used for low temperature -196℃ to high temperature 300℃, with weather resistance.
2. Non-adhesive, not easy to adhere to any substance.
3. Chemical resistance, resistance to strong acid, strong alkali, aqua regia and various organic solvents.
4. With low friction coefficient, it is the best choice for oil-free self-lubrication.
5. The light transmittance is 6-13%.
6. With high insulation performance, anti-ultraviolet, anti-static.
7. High strength. Has good mechanical properties.
8. Drug resistance.
Glass fiber cloth application:
Glass fiber cloth is mostly used in hand lay-up process. Glass fiber reinforced material grid cloth is mainly used in ship hulls, storage tanks, cooling towers, ships, vehicles, tanks, and building structural materials. Glass fiber cloth is mainly used in industry: heat insulation, fire prevention and flame retardant. The material absorbs a lot of heat when it is burned by a flame and can prevent the flame from passing through and isolate the air.