When the transformer is too wet, it is easy to cause short circuit and other problems. The transformer needs to be dried in time, and vacuum and temperature control are the main methods.
Sometimes the transformer is relatively humid, especially in the summer, because the power of the transformer is relatively strong, and the electricity intensity is often overloaded to operate, then the transformer will continue to have new problems, and moisture will cause the transformer to short-circuit. Phenomenon and problems, if the transformer is too wet, the transformer needs to be dried, so what are the common drying methods and methods for transformers? The following are common drying methods for transformers for your reference.
(1) If the drying chamber is not evacuated, a vent hole should be opened on the cover or the throttle hole should be used to release moisture.
(2) When heating with oil, an insulation layer should be installed outside the fuel tank. The insulation layer can be made of asbestos cloth, glass cloth and other insulating materials. Flammable materials should not be used, and corresponding fire prevention measures should be taken.
(3) In order to improve the drying quality of the winding, there are two major factors that must be carefully considered: one is to control the drying temperature; the other is to increase the vacuum of the equipment. For the first point, general drying equipment can meet the process requirements. For the second point, it is affected by many factors and must be considered and arranged reasonably to obtain a good drying effect.
(4) In the process of vacuuming during drying, it is not suitable to vacuum or dry under low vacuum at the low temperature stage of drying, otherwise it is not conducive to the rise of the core temperature and the elimination of moisture. When the temperature rises to 70～ Start to increase the vacuum at 80°C. When the drying is carried out for 1 to 2 hours, there is more water vapor in the fuel tank, the heat radiation capacity is improved, the internal temperature tends to be uniform, the moisture is gradually reduced, and the heat radiation capacity is reduced.
(5) The method of evaluating the insulation after drying and the technical index of the transformer for the test. After the transformer has been dried, its insulation performance needs to be fully evaluated to check its drying effect. Except for the casing, the identified items are the same as the test items during the overhaul.
The drying of the transformer is handled by the above methods. Only when the above technical indicators are reached will the transformer be operated more importantly and achieve more performance and efficiency of the transformer.