If the transformer is not used properly when it is working, it will seriously affect the service life of the transformer. Therefore, the loss ratio should be reasonably allocated according to the heat dissipation conditions of copper and iron.
Reduce iron loss
1. Choose a lower current density;
2. Reduce the number of turns, but it will increase the magnetic flux density of the core and increase the iron loss. Use it when the copper loss is significantly higher than the iron loss. Use it with caution;
3. Change the transformer process to reduce the AC resistance of the windings. The main methods are to reduce the diameter of the copper wire (cannot reduce the total cross-sectional area), increase the primary and secondary adjacent surfaces (will increase the primary and secondary distributed capacitance), and reduce the primary and secondary distance (will Increase primary and secondary distributed capacitance), coil sparing, etc.;
4. Change the circuit working parameters to reduce the AC resistance, such as reducing the switching frequency, but it will increase the magnetic flux density of the core and increase the iron loss. Use it when the copper loss is significantly higher than the iron loss; use it with caution;
5. Use wires with lower resistivity.
Reduce copper loss
1. Switch to core materials with better power consumption parameters, such as using TDK's PC50 material instead of PC40 material;
2. Reduce the magnetic flux density, but it will increase the number of coil turns and cause the copper loss to increase, so use it with caution;
3. Change the circuit parameters, such as reducing the switching frequency, but at the same time increase the magnetic flux density, use it with caution, and adjust the number of winding turns if necessary;
4. Reasonable thermal design, using the valley value in the core material temperature and loss curve;
1. According to the respective heat dissipation conditions, reasonably allocate the copper loss and iron loss ratio;
2. Reasonably design the magnetic flux density and working frequency of the magnetic core to make the magnetic core work in the best FB combination state.