Epoxy sheet is a high-performance insulation material, which is also called epoxy glass fiberboard, epoxy phenolic laminated glass cloth sheet and so on. Bond glass fiber cloth with epoxy resin, and then heat and pressurize, finally it is the epoxy sheet.
Its thickness is generally between 0.5 and 100mm. Commonly used product specification is 1000mm*2000mm. Epoxy board will be deformed at 180℃, so it will not be used with other metals when heated, otherwise it may cause the thermal deformation of sheet metal.
Epoxy sheet has the following advantages:
1. The epoxy sheet can exert its characteristics under any temperature environment. For example, at moderate temperature, it can play its mechanical property well, while in a high temperature environment, it can play its electrical performance well. Therefore, due to these characteristics, epoxy sheet is suitable for high insulation components of electric appliances and electronic fields. All in all, epoxy sheet has high mechanical and dielectric properties, good heat resistance and moisture resistance. The temperature classification of epoxy sheet is F, which can withstand the high temperature of 155℃, and maintain stable performance.
2. Epoxy sheets are in various forms. Various kinds of resins, curing agents and modifiers can adapt to the requirements of various applications, from very low viscosity to high melting point solids.
3. Epoxy sheets can be solidified easily. Epoxy resin system can be solidified almost within the range from 0 to 180℃ when added different curing agents.
4. Epoxy sheets have stronger adhesion. The reason is the presence of polar hydroxyl and ether bond in the molecular chain of epoxy resin. On the other hand, the internal stress produced by low shrinkage of epoxy resin is small, which helps to improve adhesion strength.
5. Epoxy sheets have low shrinkage. The reaction of the epoxy resin and the curing agent is carried out by the direct addition reaction or the opening ring polymerization of the epoxy group. No water or other volatile by-products are released. Compared with unsaturated polyester resins and phenolic resins, they show very low shrinkage (less than 2%) during curing.
6. Epoxy sheets have excellent mechanical properties.The cured epoxy resin system has excellent mechanical properties.